Tuesday, December 22, 2009

(ha...so long that I forgot my username/password combo. lame.)

I'm back in the game. As much as I'd like to pass off my delinquent blogging as a result of busyness, the honest to goodness reason is that I feel all kinds of pressure to say something witty or compelling or even provocative (in the PG way). Yep, that's why. Why waste everyone's time with something boring? That's my brilliant logic.

So, I'm going to lower the expectations. We'll see how that goes.

"New" blog #1: I've decided to trick myself into feeling less complain-y. The past month of school (which I most thankfully have a break from now) has been pretty...well, terrible. No, not that bad in the grand scheme of things but far less than pleasant. I'm a person who needs to find fulfillment in my profession. It ain't happenin' these days. And, no matter how many different ways I've tried to deal with my feelings about it, my solution of the moment doesn't last through the next "episode".

However, my latest and hopefully final solution to feeling under-appreciated/under-paid/overwhelmed/over-worked, blah, blah, blah is to try to appreciate someone more, value someone more, lighten someone else's workload, etc. You know, try to assuage/alleviate someone else's feelings of dissatisfaction. I'm thinking this will a) help someone else feel better and b) make me feel like a chump for whatever I'm feeling sorry for myself about. Thus far, I've employed said technique approximately one time. With smashing success I might add. I'm going to try to make Scout feel less-tired by playing with him. Yes, this is an excellent plan!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to have new katie-blogs to read! yay! a bright spot in my own seemingly "under-appreciated/under-paid/overwhelmed/over-worked" world...xoxo

    ReplyDelete