Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yeah, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Mostly because I'm totally uninspired to write anything original. So...25 Random things about meeeeeeeeee....

1. I love the 3 dot thing, I can't remember what it's called...
2. I have a very high tolerance for pain.
3. I have a very low tolerance for Duke.
4. I stepped on my own fingers once. It hurt.
5. I am ridiculously clumsy.
6. I fell through a glass table when I was little. I was jumping on it. See #5.
7. I am not stupid. See #6.
8. I lived in London for a semester in college. While there, I somehow managed to miss going to Westminster Abbey. I am ashamed.
9. I love smells. Good ones.
10. I think most people look like I other people I know (or celebrities). I tell them this a lot. It's probably annoying.
11. I am annoying. In an endearing way.
12. My eyes are green when I stare directly into the sunlight.
13. I have damaged retinas. See #12.
14. I have numerous scars. Everywhere. Mostly small ones. Mostly related to softball, falling of my bike, falling out of a tree, etc.
15. One time when I was about 12, I was riding my bike up our street, which was on a moderate incline. I put my head down and stood up to pedal. I ran smack into a car that was parked on the street. I sat on the curb for about 30 minutes because I was a) concussed and b) really embarrassed and certain that people were laughing at me out their windows.
16. My sensory perception is very acute. I am a teacher so this serves me well. Yes, I do have eyes in the back of my head.
17. I am a really good judge of character = I can smell a rat.
18. I love snow.
19. My husband and I had a beautiful outdoor wedding at the end of October (planned). We worked for months on the farmhouse/property where we were going to get married. It poured down rain. We got married inside.
20. When I was walking down the aisle on my wedding day, I almost fell. :)
21. I can bend my tongue in half. You can't.
22. I LOVE to mow grass (on a tractor).
23. I despise snobbery. With a passion.
24. I LOVE maps. Especially old, random maps.
25. I LOVE to travel, fly, pay in foreign currency, look up directions on street maps, ride subways, etc.

7 comments:

  1. your eyes are (not) green...although i know how very much you wish they were...so i'm sure they appear green to you when you stare at the sun - probably because you can't see anything but those spotty dots...which can cause visual misperception...just saying.

    your wedding was a beautiful indoor wedding...who cares if it was like hurricane isidore outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Jenny said - God love her! And Kate honey, Your GG, you and me all went to Westminster Abbey - I so cannot believe you don't remember that. I remember it vividly - it was the day that the UK sent troops into Iraq and there was a huge crowd of protestors outside when we came out. Do you not remember that? Perhaps you are still concussed! By the way - I think this comment may post under your dad's google account but it's really me, mom, who is writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't go to that! I had class...Clay went with you. I promise...I've never been there. And, Jenny just said that because her eyes are like, cat green. She doesn't want me to confuse my green with her green. There, it's settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what the 3 dot thing is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 3 dot thing is called an ellipsis:

    "An ellipsis [ … ] proves to be a handy device when you're quoting material and you want to omit some words."

    i love your blogs! here i am (working) and i just observed all these crazy (funny, haha, not psycho-crazy) kiddos in 3rd grade and then i thought maybe you got bored during the day and posted another blog - re-reading this made me laugh again! yay blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for clarifying things there at the end mom. I was beginning to worry that I had written something I had zero recollection of...
    I KNOW that I didn't go to Westminster Abbey because I was HOME WORKING while you all were in merry old England. Yes I am still a bit bitter.
    Katie I think you eyes are green.
    And your wedding was amazing. The church was amazing. The whole day was amazing - most of it in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, I think your eyes are green, too. And I love ellipses, too!!

    ReplyDelete